Instagram is an amazing platform to reach new customers and grow your business quickly! Whether you’re a life coach, you own an Etsy shop or Here are some quick, easy to digest, top tips on how to use Instagram for success!
1. It sounds obvious but post regularly. Consistency is the name of the game here. If you can post every day then that will really help you to promote your business.
2. Good quality, engaging content is key. A big part of that is using great quality, inspiring images. That may mean using your smart phone but to really up level your business consider hiring a photographer (like me!), buying images from a stock library (like from www.luxeandlovely.com), and even consider investing in a DSLR camera to produce your own high quality images. Find it hard to produce engaging content for social media and your website? Take a look at www.luxeandlovely.com for some top tips on how to take great photos for social media!
2. Stay true to your brand. Think about your colour scheme or how images work together in a grid so that together they create a pleasing aesthetic.
3. Use images that help to tell your brand story. You definitely shouldn’t just post about your product. Trying to ‘sell’ all of the time isn’t what instagram’s about. Inspire your followers. Talk about you and your brand story. Tell people why you do what you do, why you stock the items that you do, share some behind the scenes stories
4. Engage and get social. It’s so important that you don’t just sit back and wait for your likes. Instagram is a network so get to know people and comment on the images that speak to you. Search through hashtags that you’re using to find other people who are just like you and talk to them.
5. Respond to comments on your post especially if it’s a question about you or your brand.
6. Use hashtags so that new people can find you. It’s a big way that users can find you via mobile searches. Research hashtags that fit with your brand and your story and make sure that they are directly related to your image. When you’re growing use as many relevant hashtags as possible, ideally 20 relevant hashtags. Over time you will find that some hashtags reach potential clients than others.
7. Find your perfect posting times. For most businesses, morning posts, lunchtime posts and after work posts work best.
8. Use a hashtag or two that are specific to your brand or business. For example I might use #luxepersonalbranding as one of my hashtags. You could also create a unique hashtag for a unique promotional campaign.
A lot of improving your presence on Instagram is a process of trial and error. Keep working to improve the quality of your images and your posts based on your content results. For example, if a certain photo creates a lot of engagement, produce more imagery of the same kind to inspire your followers. If a certain hashtag gets lots of engagement, then produce more content that enables you to use that hashtag. Do you have any top tips on how to grow your business on Instagram that work for you? I’d love to hear them!